Monday, May 31, 2010

Westward Ho , part I

On the first leg of my 'trip around town' I headed to Denver, Colorado with Danny and Able's friend friend, Katie. After a wonderful plane ride we picked up our rental and headed to Boulder to see the sights. As it happened, they were having a street fair so we all trouped in, had a corn dog, a funnel cake and a turkey leg, because that's what you do and then we were off to see the sights. There were lots of booths selling all kinds of interesting stuff that nobody really needs but that are interesting to look at on a pleasant day at the beginning of summer vacation. There were lots of people, lots of dogs, tons of junk food, kids on bungee cords jumping on trampolines, face painting and the whole nine yards. I fell over two dogs, separate incidents, before I remembered that everyone and their dog, literally, were out there. After a sashay through the art tent (lots of very nice, very pricey jewelry, scarves and art) I heard the Irish jigs playing somewhere and wandered off to watch the step dancers. After the others found me, I learned that Katie's mom, an old friend of mine from way back, has taken up step dancing herself. I think I will too. My younger brother lives in Boulder and we met up with him and his crew for a visit and a cool drink on the roof top. The others left for a quick trip up Boulder canyon and I went home with my sister-in-law for a quiet visit in the shade. After they returned to pick me up, we went out for some yummy Mexican food and on to the ballpark to watch the Rockies play. It was a great game and we got to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame with forty five thousand of our closest friends. We won the game, came home and fell in bed. Jim and I at the Pearl Street Mall

No comments: