Thursday, July 29, 2010

Peach Harvest

As you can see, the peaches are ripe and ready for picking/freezing. Danny and I have been out this morning and in ten minutes had picked, or picked up, three buckets full of round deliciousness. I will work on these before I go out again. If you are in the mood for peaches and want to help with the work, for the reward of some frozen peaches, come right ahead. We will be in this mode for the next few days. Bring some Fruit Fresh and some freezer bags when you come, and your favorite paring knife. Yippee! This has certainly been the summer for fruit hasn't it. Talk to you guys later. I will let you know how we progress here. Uh-oh. Danny just got a call....something about 'someone has caught one of our calves in their pens and could he come over and get it'. That doesn't bode well for the 'we' in the previous paragraph. Oh well, I will be here working peaches at any rate. He will, apparently be moving cattle around and taking a couple to the sale. Come on out, I'll be here all day.

No comments: