Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Touching Base

Audra, who is my super-uber puzzle worker, and I went to the hobby store for a couple of new puzzles yesterday. Puzzles, quite apart from being tons of fun and a good group activity, are wonderful distractions and to help focus the mind....preferably on something other than that other thing which has been holding ones focus for too long. Zane is doing well; eats like a champ and travels very well for a tiny baby. We all went down to Bloomfield, MO for the weekend of the 4th of July. The peace and beauty of Zach's parents' farm, nestled among the oak trees was a balm to all of us. I am so fond of his parents; they seems like old friends from way back, even though we have only known them about four years. Incredible! We lead parallel lives in many ways. I love spending time with them and very, very rarely have the opportunity. They loaded us up with fresh produce from their garden, hugs and kisses and sent us back north on Monday evening. I fly home tomorrow evening and will miss loving on this sweet little guy every day. Audra and Zach are great parents and will do fine without me and I am sure they will enjoy some time with just themselves here. I wonder how things are at home. Danny tells me it has been raining every other day for a week and that my garden is still green and growing. I have loved being here with Audra but will also love getting home and being with my Daniel again. I think my sister is coming to OK this week-end so that should be great fun as well. How are all of you doing? Please drop me an email and let me know what's what with you and yours. I feel a bit out of the loop with everyone since I have been gone for so long. Love to you all and thanks for all the light and prayers you are sending our way here in St. Louis.

No comments: