Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. School has started again; I am not there; I am super pumped about being able to take this time to simply live life each day, doing the tasks that need doing and that alone. Low Stress. 2. I bake a good pie (so they say) and everyone around here wonders why I don't bake them more often. 3. Washing down the porch and house is a perfect activity for August...ahhh, the coolness. 4. My drip system on the young Wood and the Fire Circle is working well. I am winning so far. 5. We need to simplify our farming business so that it does not include cultivation. The breakdowns take up too much time and money. We're going cow/calf all the way as soon as possible. Yes, we have had the discussion all around the table. 6. Honest and loyal friends are one of life's greatest treasures. I have been blessed with many. 7. I like to write poetry, even though my son thinks I am a hippy when I do. 8. We need to mow the place where we plan to do the meteor watching this week. 9. My sister can never watch meteors with us, here, because the chiggers would eat her alive. :( 10. My current favorite author is Shirley Hazzard. Wow. P.S. No, the chiggers are not bad for other people; they never bother Danny or I, ever. My sister is ....I don't know....chigger bait or something. They appear and chew on her. I don't really understand it.

No comments: