"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Monday, September 13, 2010

Shocked

I think my brain is stunned...it refuses to function properly.  I find that I am unable to string words together to tell you the story of the death of my sweet Danny.  He is not here and yet I see him every time I turn my head or see a pickup drive in the driveway. I am fine one minute and then something throws me into sadness. Brendan and I had a visit on the porch swing this morning, about why Grandpa wasn't here to take him riding on the tractor.  I told him Jesus needed Grandpa to come help him do some work now and that he still loved us but we wouldn't see him anymore.  He looked at me for a bit and then showed me his little green flying car. It made no sense to him. It makes no sense to me either.....
   

2 comments:

Pat at Turtle Rock Farm said...

Thinking of you all the time, sending you love.

geriayers said...

Sending love your way, Debra. I can't even begin to imagine the shock you must be feeling. I try to put myself in your place, and my mind refuses to think of such a scenario. We are all missing Danny; at the same time, we all want to be here for you......Geri