"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thank You

     This is a post to say thanks to all of you have been so faithful to me during the past month as I grappled with, not only the loss of Danny, but with all the various hoops, spins and double backs that, following a death, the family is required to immediately begin jumping through.  It reminds me of that show where two people are trying to run through an extreme obstacle course and, in the process, keep getting knocked loopy off of  giant bouncy towers and thrown ass over teacup into mud pits.  Christal and I sat and laughed ourselves silly, watching this show, in June when I was visiting.  The goal is to make it to the end of the course and to do it faster than anyone else.  That is exactly what the month has felt like to me, except there is no time competition involved (unless you ask the tax man). It didn't seem nearly so funny this time around.
     All of you who have called and written me emails or touched base with me on Face book, stopped by with hugs and conversation and love in your eyes, reminded me of what day it was, helped with logistics and ideas, taken me out to lunch and sat beside me in silence, watching the sunset or nothing at all; you have been the hands and arms that have plucked me out of the mud pits and given me the strength and courage to get back up and keep climbing and jumping.  Who knew there was so much legal paperwork involved in some one's ceasing to exist in this world??? Amazing.
      I am not to the end of the course yet but God continues to bring good, caring, godly people across my path to help me along when I begin to flag and flounder.  Thank you all so much.  I love you all. 

No comments: