"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh Sweet Rain!

   The creatures knew, as they always do; we had thunder and lightning all night long and into the morning hours. I am sad to say there were doubters among us, those who thought the rains would never come. I, however, was not one of them.  Yesterday morning I went out and hoed up little dikes around every new tree in the wood, gave them a drink and made sure they had a stake and a flag (for courage).  This morning all the trees are well watered and happy. My new grasses will surely come up now that we have been blessed with this lovely water.
      I have done nothing but tack down loose ends on the affairs of Danny's estate this morning. It is good to be getting things into the new order; it takes awhile.  I did take some time to sit on the porch swing, wrapped in my mother's quilt, and watch the fireworks as the storms blew past and around me before sunrise. This is why we had our porch built so wide and long when we built the house, for mornings such as this one; porch time, prayer time, quiet time in which to breathe and be.

No comments: