"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A list

1. I am having lots of  family here today so don't have time for a long story but did want to let you know that the heat broke last night and we woke up to a gentle rain and sixty seven degrees!!! Whoopie and Alleluia!
2. Able and Zach are putting in the ceiling of my porch after a couple of years of no ceiling...the bare beam look that we all know and love.
3.  I have been getting in lots of cuddling time with Zaner-Blosser (a comment which is only funny to Baby Boomers because that is the name of a special type of pen/pencil which we used to learn how to hold a pencil correctly).
4. One of my chickens has begun laying; I found my first pullet egg in the nests today. I guess she had been watching the three new, older hens that joined the club last week. I love these 'beginner eggs'! They are so cute and just the right size for little grand kids to carry to the house.
5.  My native grasses, which I have all but given up on, are heading out and I am going to let them seed themselves back and see what comes up next year. Who knows.

Gotta go! People are arriving! 

No comments: