Saturday, September 10, 2011

Swings

When Able and I were at the hardware store I purchased new rope for all the swings.  The ropes on both sides of the double swing have broken and I figured it was only a matter of time until the single one broke as well. They will all be redone so there will be fewer spills.  It is important to the enjoyment of swinging that one is able to trust the swing.
      Brendan was able to take his turn at being the 'pusher' this time with our unusually high baby swing (yes, it scares me a little). Pushing people on swings is something you don't think much about but there is a certain dance to it, as it turns out. You have to know when to step up and when to step back or you get knocked off your feet or chucked under the chin.
      I love this shot which could easily have been a total disaster had Zane not been just the right height. He went running in to be part of the swinging and Abbey and I both fully expected him to take it right in the face but Maggie zoomed right over his head without even touching him. Saved by the Grace of God.


                                                 Wheeeee!!!!

I thnk this might have been Zane's first time on a swing but he did fine and after the first few seconds of terror decided it was a fun time. (Sorry about not taking the time to crop this one.)


And here is Grandma getting her snuggles from Zane after his turn in the swing (my favorite part of swinging time of course).

1 comment:

Jan B said...

Hi, Debra! (Internet's back on after all the flooding/disaster here in central PA...) So fun to see your grandchildren enjoying the very same swing mine do. I think you mentioned this before, but I'd forgotten. Sweet! Yes, the hugs are the best! :)