Saturday, October 26, 2013

Something Wonderful :-)



Shh....come closer...


A wondrous event has occurred.
A 'door', which had been closed these three years, 
has opened in my mind. (What joy!)
I hesitate to speak of it aloud, 
thus the whisper,
for fear I might find it closing again.

That place which holds the thousands 
of children's songs and poems,
word perfect and full of fun,
which were my stock in trade,
has opened a crack and a choice few
have found their way back,
they bubble to the surface and fly free.

I have not spoken of this particular loss
but have found it unbelievable,
have lain in the darkness, searching
for rhyme or story for the telling,
for a particular song to delight or cheer.

They would not come to me. 
Imagine that, 
three long years and more.
Beauty. Loveliness. Simple songs.
Those were the rocks upon which
I would break. 

The mind is very protective
of the heart.



1 comment:

Abbey said...

Congratulations! I think you' might like this website: http://toosmall.org/ Lots about signing and reading with little little kids.

Love you,
A