"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Sunday, December 1, 2013

December

December.
     In the 'year calendar' in my mind, December is huge. If my mental calendar of months were a perfect circle, which it is not, December would take up all the space on one side with the eleven other months having to crowd into the remaining space. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the Christmas holidays or just Christmas itself. Summer, on my calendar, is larger as well, probably because when I was a child, running wild and free all summer long, that season lasted a tremendously long time. And. I. Loved it.

   
   
      I have done some research..., that's a lie. I have asked many people to draw their map of the year, and also the map of how they see their letters and numbers, and almost everyone sees them differently.  Some people don't 'see them' at all, they just know them...somehow.
   How do you see your months, or do you? It doesn't really matter on any level whatsoever but it is interesting, nonetheless. With so many things going on in the world that do, in fact, matter on so many different levels, it is refreshing now and then to think about something that absolutely does not. Isn't that a lovely shade of blue? It isn't blue in my mind. In my mind's eye the months carry the colors of the natural seasons and there is emptiness in the center.
     At any rate, hope your December is full of joy and that we then light the New Year's bonfire and make another circle round the sun together, just for the fun.
 
   










No comments: