"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wise Words From Pooh

This evening, while I was reading a Pooh story to my grandkids (specifically: In Which Eeyore Finds the Wolery and Owl Moves Into It) I happened onto this wonderfully truthful statement by Mr. Pooh himself, spoken as he is trying to write a hum about the event of Owl's house falling over and Piglet's bravery in getting everyone inside rescued.

"...it isn't Easy," said Pooh to himself...." because Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."

I have a dear friend who is very, very ill; still deep in the woods. If you believe in the power of prayer, or positive energy, or good thoughts (semantics all), I ask you, right now, to lift her up in love. Many thanks.

 
The Power of Love
(for Randa)

We are bound together
by an enormous loving care
born of wrestling with the deep
eternal truths, alone and together.

I sit here, holding you gently
and fiercely in my heart.
      Breathing.
Slow, open breathing.

This air which the Universe
breathes into us every second
of every day, I breathe for you.
Surrounding you with breath,
willing you toward healing,
holding you away from the edge.










No comments: