Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Blessing


 

 Today was a gift, a day I might not have seen. It was a cool day, cool enough to do the needed gardening in the morning and then, just as I had finished digging the potatoes, a gentle rain began to fall. The rain washed the sky, the leaves, the air, off and on for the rest of the day. Oh my, such a blessing. I am so thankful I didn't miss it.

      Yesterday, driving home from OKC, heading north up Hwy 74 as I do every week, sometimes more than once, I heard a voice whisper in my ear, in my spirit. It urged caution and attention.
I became more alert and slowed a little, not much, but a little. A mile or so up the road I crested a hill and there in front of me was an oil tanker truck stopped to take a right turn. Behind him a large pick-up was barreling down the highway, not slowing, swerving into my lane and heading for me. I had nowhere to go, nor time to get there.
      But because of the whisper in my heart, the breath of life in my mind, I could slow to a  stop and let the pick-up go flying past.  I knew something was coming. I am learning to listen.

                                             

No comments: