"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wedding Week Begins

     Wedding Week is upon us. Plans have been put in place, changed and adjusted according to changing data. It is Tuesday: T minus 3.5 and counting. Plane tickets have been purchased, reservations made, wedding outfits bought. I still have to get a tiny little trim on my hair, have Abbey run by the store and pick up my wedding blouse (which I purchased and then, somehow, managed to leave at the store), go to two different book clubs, set up the benches and lay a few random bricks here and there.
    Thank goodness Able and Kari came up to the farm on Sunday and did all my muscle-required jobs.  I need to find a loving home for my two cats. I….they….they need a new home. Kathryn ??? Oh well. I also need to stop by and have speech with the lawyer once more while I am in town doing the hair thing….OH! and picking up the screens. 
      I should make a list. 
Wanted to give you a heads-up in case the blog site was pretty quiet in the next few days.  I'm not turning out the lights, but I will be in another part of the house most of the time. I have one more blog for sure on Friday, but that one relates to something other than the wedding. Be sure to check it out.
    Where is my camera? Oh yeah, on the dryer, I remember.  

     While I am thinking of it, here is something I wanted to share with you. I have stumbled onto some beyond beautiful books for children and for the child within all of us.


If you have grandchildren, you need to get these for them, at least to have at grandma's house. All The World, is by Liz Garton Scanlon and Stars, is by Mary Lyn Ray. Both of the books are illustrated buy Marla Frazee and the drawings done in delicious watercolor-colored pencil, I think, and are soft and gentle but vibrant with true colors. Both of these books will bless your heart.  My own children need not bother ordering them because they will be coming to your houses as gifts from 'you know who'.
    TTFN I'm off to see the Wizard.

No comments: