"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Eureka!

 


  I had an epiphany today. I had been thinking about the Wisteria and the peach tree, having their blossoms frozen on that freak dip in temps last Spring.  I was wondering what I could do to help them through the cold this year, searching for ideas.  I stopped, on my way into the house, to look at the peach (it grows right beside the porch) and I saw it. The tree was draped with colored party lights left over from the rehearsal dinner celebration and I realized that might just be the ticket.  There are also lights, LEDs though, on the Wisteria.  I don't know if the little LEDs would keep the vines warm enough but I know the Christmas lights would. How about that!  The answer was staring me in the face all the time.  I have other lights, warmer than those tiny fairy lights, that I could drape across the Wisteria vines. They would be like an electric blanket or sorts. I think it would at least save some of the blooms, don't you? Ha!

No comments: