"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Monday, February 9, 2015

Starry, Starry Night

    Sitting in the sunlight today, soaking in the heat and energy, willing myself toward wellness, two odd things happened. Firstly, I heard several loud booms, at intervals, far off to the southwest.  Not sure what they were but am assuming something to do with the drilling that is going on somewhere off in that direction.  Either that or someone was shooting a canon. Hmmm…probably not.
    Secondly,  a fly flew buzzing past me and then a mosquito came hovering over the back of the chair and attempted to land on the bend of my arm. A mosquito, in February? What in the world has happened to the natural world? A lots of other things have to happen before it's mosquito weather. Get back in line, you!

      This evening, at moonrise, I stood in the prayer garden, being still, being one with the moon and the star spangled night. I tried to grasp what was different about the night. Something was new…. and then it struck me. A few of the tiny insect serenaders of the night were singing! Crickets? I am floored, utterly amazed at such early music from the gardens.  The temps have been in the sixties, seventies, now and then, although colder at night, of course.  Tulips are pushing up. Daffodils. What next? Good lord, I'm tempted to go out looking for volunteer melon sprouts tomorrow. Who knows?
       I love this space, the quiet and the peacefulness of it. You know that by now.  It is good medicine for me. Thanks for this, Danny. It is safe with me.
     
     
     
     

No comments: