"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Friday, October 9, 2015

Reunited

 

     Finally, after the sunny months of summer, our spiritual book group came together again.  When we last met, for the goodbye supper at Pat's, there was a weird, unsettled vibe in the group.  Most of us didn't want to stop meeting on Tuesdays, but it was time. We were moving in different directions and getting the group to come together was becoming more and more difficult. We understood that, but didn't like the thought of losing contact with some of our dearest friends. We love and trust each other completely. We love being together in that safe, loving space.
  Randa, Julie and I drove town to the City, and joined Pat on the patio of Paseo's for supper.  Oh my, what delicious and interesting food! If you haven't eaten there, I highly recommend it to you. They have a new menu these days and I like it. We plan on meeting there often to visit and catch up.  
     Cass had to cancel at the last minute and we missed her. A family medical emergency, her sister's, called her away. They would welcome any and all prayers.  You don't need to know, really, just pray or hold her in your heart before the power of the universe. Her name is Abby.
    Tonight everything felt fine, just the way it always was when we met together each week.  I think it may be better without the book talk to interfere (I can't believe I'm saying that). Of course, there is always that precious time to visit in the car coming and going. I'm looking forward to meeting again in a while. Things take time to sort themselves out.   

No comments: