What I saw happening, as a result of all this
If you haven't had the pleasure of studying this particular social phenomenon, here are some basics in bullying for you to consider; a crash course, if you will.
1. Bullies surround themselves with supporters who shout encouragement to the bully and disparagement toward the victims. The 'side-kicks'
begins, so that the odds are always tilted in favor of the bully.
2. Bullies talk louder than anyone else and threaten harm. They interrupt when others attempt to defend themselves or the victim. They crave attention and control. They feed on fear.
3. Bullies are liars. They spread falsehood like the plague. They will say whatever they can think of to hurt the victim and then deny everything they said, if and when they are confronted with their untruths.
4. Bullies use their laughter, and the laughter of others, to humiliate their targets.
5. Bullies are after power, preferably by taking power from someone else. They will rarely
attack someone who has more power than they have. It is always about unequal power.
6. Bullies brag about their own real or imagined accomplishments and
7. However, Bullies immediately cast themselves in the role of the victim if a greater power calls them
to account for their actions or words. They take offense at the slightest affront and cry foul play.
8. Once learned, bullying behavior is carried on throughout one's life. This is not 'just part of growing up', as so many parents say to their kids and each other. This is a lifestyle that is taught to their own children and rarely abandoned.
9. The bully is usually very good at reading people and is usually very smart. The people in their posse are usually not as smart as the bully and follow wherever he/she leads so they have proximity to power they themselves do not have.
10. Bullies are not interested in the welfare of their Posses. They are only interested
in themselves. They will turn on and abandon their supporters instantly if those supporters begin
to question their words or methodology.