"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Little Pics and The Big Picture


     I have a bunch of pictures that I want to share with you. I thought about trying to tie them all together into one coherent post about something, but I didn't. Captions are below the picture they represent...or sometimes to the side. (Sometimes that is confusing on blogs.)


This is your unique journey. Protect yourself.
   Be present in the moment.
Keep moving forward.
   You are not the only thing in the picture
but you may be the only beauty in the day, for someone

.

    These are the babies that hatched in the tree house. They have now learned to fly and are up in the tree-tops, singing.



 I love this particular Marigold: it is asymmetrical by nature, yet shines its perfect light into this bed of greenery.




 My dear old dad, cleaning up after we made apricot jam the other day. Almost everything is more fun when you share it with a friend. :)



                                 








 Diversity.
Everyone brings their own gifts to the table.








A year ago I rescued a tiny Cottonwood tree from the trash heap at Wal-Mart. It was growing in the pot with a mostly dead Hosta plant. It survived last summer, winter, the deer, locusts and grasshoppers, and this summer's blazing heat. I believe she's a Keeper. (The Hosta is still alive as well. Look at the bottom of tree. They're Soul-mates.)









    Maggie Jewel is learning a lot about being brave this summer. This is her friend, Lady, who is helping her learn.
      (The other day, when I took Mags to her riding lesson, she whispered to me, "Grandma, smell her neck. It will make you smile." She was right. )


  I hate it that Danny is missing out on all this fun and adventure with his grand kids. Doesn't seem right, but I know it happens.

                                               This guy is adorable.

No comments: