"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Friday, July 8, 2016

Oh My. Dallas.

"We are a powder keg about to explode..." lmm.

We all saw the Dallas shootings coming. It was almost inevitable.
Guns and Dallas, well...

The news media isn't helping
     by broadcasting half-truths, guesses, bits of information without any substance.

We aren't helping either, by rushing to knee-jerk reactions and comments. (Mea Culpa)

Black people live lives of constant danger, they are on edge.
Police live lives of constant danger, they are on edge.
Both sides are armed.

I am not black.
I am not a policeman.
I am not armed.

I cannot even speak the language of either.
I can speak for love, for understanding, for empathy, for peace.
That is my language.
That is my responsibility.




1 comment:

karl o'melay said...

This speaks volumes...

"Black people live lives of constant danger, they are on edge.
Police live lives of constant danger, they are on edge.
Both sides are armed."