"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Revisiting a Poem

Every now and again I look back through posts or poems from this same date in past years. It's interesting to see where I was then, where my mind and heart were at that moment.
     A couple of years back from this day I found a poem. It bears repeating. Here you go.

Three Questions

Will the day ever come when, 
everywhere in the world,
the female of the human race
will have the same worth as the male?

Will the day ever come when,
everywhere in the world,
the teacher will be as
respected as the warrior?

Will the day ever come when,
everywhere in the world,
everyone will have enough
to eat and shelter and peace?

Why can't it happen?
     Why hasn't it happened?
What must we do to insure that it does happen?



No comments: