Saturday, June 17, 2017

Poem: Simplexity

Weary with sculpting wordsongs,
frustrated with rhythm and rhyme,
I stand, snap off the light, and step
outside, having missed the day entire.
    Starlight ~
larkspur and roses, moonlight gilded,
orange lilies standing open to the light.

I am wrapped in shadowed beauty as
the midnight orchestra serenades,
sizzling on the edges of wild silence.
The garden sighs a summer fragrance:
      honeysuckle~
wrapping me like a fringed shawl, teasing
a slow smile, soft eyes, savored breath.

(I was missing this for pen and paper?!) 
A breeze cools my face as a community
of fireflies grace this sacred space with
their elegant, unhurried calligraphy,
      mystical communion~
Careful not to disturb, intoxicated with scent,
and glory, I am ravished in nature's embrace.






No comments: