"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike." ~Maya Angelou

Monday, July 24, 2017

Poem: This Weighted Now
















I'm trying to live in the Now.

But so much has happened,
so many years have passed,
so many lives have touched mine,
have changed me,
have taught me,
have challenged me,
have healed or broken my heart,
have listened, and sung,
and cheered me on,
have laughed and cried with me,
have walked with me through changes.

But, as I said,
I'm trying to live in the Now;
savoring moments,
delighting in my grandchildren's
innocence and discoveries,
soaking up those baby smiles,
applauding accomplishments,
being there when they need me.

Now and then, in quiet moments,
I watch the leaves moving above me
and wonder where those people are,
right now, in this moment that is Now.



No comments: